Board Member/Book Sale Chair
Board Member/ Technology Update Chair
Board Member/Membership Chair
Newsletters and Minutes
Friends of the Almaden Library (FAL)
Everyone interested in supporting the Almaden Branch Library is welcome to join our Friends group.
What do you get if you join? Subscription to our e-newsletter; opportunities to help the library such as sorting book and audiovisual donations to get them ready for the lobby book sale area and our book sales, helping at our book sales; fellowship; fun; and, satisfaction of knowing you are supporting such a valuable asset in our community. Pick up a blue membership application in the lobby book sale area or in the library. Fill out the form and give it to a librarian or a library staff member or Join Online!
There are no fees or dues required to join; however, we welcome donations with a check made out to Friends of the Almaden Library. We are a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, nonprofit organization, and donations are deductible on federal and state income taxes to the full extent of the law. We are a California public benefit corporation.
Book Donation Policy
FAL has received regular requests from various organizations requesting our donation of books to them for causes they support. In response to those requests, FAL decided to formulate the following donation policies:
• Book donations will be limited to non-profit organizations whose intent is to place free books in the hands of children with the goal of promoting literacy and love of reading.
• Two (2) cases of books will be donated to the selected organization at the completion of each FAL bi-annual sale; the selected organization will provide their own standard-size boxes intended for that purpose.
• The FAL Board will make selection of the organization thirty (30) days prior to each of our bi-annual sales (i.e. March and October).
• FAL will partner with the selected organization to promote opportunity for book sale patrons to purchase and donate.
If your organization wishes to be considered,
please complete and forward the below information to email@example.com no later than March 1st or October 1st, as applicable; if you have any questions, please send an email to the same address.
- Organization Name: - Organization website (if applicable): - Organization Purpose: - Organization History: - Intended Use of Books Donated: - Date Required By: - Contact Name and Phone Number: - Contact Email Address:
San Jose Library and San Jose All Friends
Members from Friends of the Library groups from the main King Library and the San Jose branch libraries are working together as the San Jose All Friends to discuss our operations and to help one another in common goals.
Please visit the San Jose Public Library website to find out information on all of the resources our libraries offer.
The All Friends Web site includes book sale dates for various branches, which branches have extra books to share and which need more donations, as well as helpful aids in becoming 501(c)(3) non-profit corporations. The San Jose All Friends Web site is at: SJAllFriends.com