November 3, 2018
9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Almaden Branch Public Library, Almaden Center Community Room
Important Meeting Dates
Tuesday, July 10, 2018 6:00 pm
Almaden Community Center
The Friends of the Almaden Library request donations of gently used books and audio/video materials and sells them to raise money for the library. Since the new library opened, the Friends have held two used book sales each year, one in the spring and one in the fall. There is also a display of books and media items in the Lobby Sale Area, near The Oasis Cafe, for sale at all times that the building is open. Sales here are on the honor system at the same low rates as during the large book sales. Customers shop here so frequently that annual profits from this Lobby Sale Area are now exceeding those at the two large book sales.
April 14, 2018 Book Sale
Many thanks go to Friends, The Key Club of Leland High, California Honor Society, National Scholarship Federation, the TeensReach Volunteers, Monta Vista High School students and the Library Staff for making the
April 14, 2018 Book Sale a great success.
The Book Sale netted $3,771.00
The Friends of the Almaden Library is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, nonprofit organization, TIN: 46-0496690.
Click here to pick up a copy of SJPL Bound and read it online to learn about events, services, news, and opportunities being offered at libraries across the city.
Book Donation Guide
We greatly appreciate your generous donations in support of the Almaden Library. To help us successfully benefit the library, please follow our book-donation guidelines:
1. We can only sell books in very good condition. They should:
- be clean with intact bindings and covers
- have no musty smell, wrinkled or water damaged pages, or stains
- have pages with very little yellowing or browning at edges
2. We do not accept or sell any of the following:
Magazines (including Nat'l Geographic)
Used coloring or work books
3. We can only use the following books if they are less than five (5) years old:
Health or medical advice books
Test preparation manuals
4. Please check every book for items left inside, such as photos, checks, credit cards, cash, membership cards, etc.
5. Please deposit books in the two bins located in the lobby of the Almaden Community Center just to the left as you enter the front doors.
For materials we cannot accept, consider contacting the following:
Your neighborhood school or local college
Resource Area for Teachers (RAFT)
Palo Alto Friends of the Library
Cupertino Friends of the Library
Santa Clara Friends of the Library
Local charity shops
In addition, while it is always sad to say good bye, many books need to be recycled to produce more paper products, including new books. All home recyclers accept books in your bin.
Volunteers Are Needed All Year Long...
Please Consider Becoming The Library's Friend